As I mentioned in my last post about the Harry Potter party, my friends really like being crafty. We routinely have themed parties, and when we all lived in the same state, we’d scrapbook together often. This year for Christmas, we decided a favorite things party would be the perfect twist on the traditional grab bag and we could have lots of fun in the process :).
In short, a favorite things party is where you bring your favorite things! For us, we chose to bring 3 $10 favorite things (as in, we bought/made three of the same gift, spending about $10 on each one). We’ll pull names out of a hat to see who gets who’s gifts.
I had a smidgen of trouble coming up with my favorite thing. These are my oldest, dearest friends (we’ll be celebrating our deccenial friendaversary this year…..long story) and so nothing I pick would really be a surprise. In addition, although I was supposed to bring MY favorite thing, I certainly wanted the recipients to enjoy it, as well! And, of course, I wanted to be cute and crafty.
However, I ended up deciding on something I’m really excited about, and you’ll get to see it after our favorite things party! For now, here’s some things I ended up NOT picking…just in case you’re looking for ideas yourself!
1) A book.
(I nixed this because I wanted to be more creative, but reading is certainly one of my favorite things!)
– Book (Perhaps The Night Circus?)
2) Pamper Your Hands
– Nail polish.
– Hand lotion. My favorite scent is Bath and Body Works’ “Twilight Woods”:
– Nail file
(Had to nix this because the coupon for a tutorial wouldn’t have been effective, as I live states away from the rest of my friends at the moment!)
– Crochet Stitch Markers
– Coupon for crochet lessons from your truly
(My home town. Need I say more?)
– I didn’t have the details of this one quite figured out, but I thought perhaps a mug and ornament that both had the city skyline (or the Steelers!) on them.
5) Organization Lover
– Made a DIY to-do frame, using the tutorial here:
– A 2013 calendar, with photos of my friends and me in it.
6) My Friends
(Cheesy, but they’re my favorite, too!)
– A 3 4×6 opening frame with pictures of us inside through the years of our friendship.
Have you ever done a favorite things party? What would be your favorite thing?