I have been a huge slacker for the last two weeks. But I have some really good excuses.
10) Homework. This is the most boring reason ever, but it’s true. I had a lot of really really other fun things going on, so normal free time (what little of it I typically have) became homework time for a couple weeks. Plus, since all my homework is reading and writing and thinking critically, by the time I have the spare second of free time to write on the good ol’ blog, my mind is creatively run dry! (The last time this happened was the semester in undergrad when I took writing fiction, writing poetry, and a victorian lit class at the same time. By the end of the semester, I was creative toast.)
9) Along with the homework, I had another major story due for one of my classes. I’m a strong believer in bringing your absolute best work to workshop. (Few things are more frustrating in class than when you spend a half hour as a class critiquing a student’s work, and then at the end they say “yeah, I already knew I needed to fix those things. I just finished it up really fast before it was due.” What a waste of time.) Therefore, in order to justify my view toward workshop, I had some work to do! (PS, happy with how it turned out, for now. Let’s just say there’s an adorable teddy bear involved that kept stealing my heart. BUT IT’S STILL LITERARY FICTION, I SWEAR!)
8) Had a couple fun custom orders from the etsy shop!
7) Also with Etsy, I’ve been wanting to make some scarves and cowls that had been on the back burner. This weekend, I finally got around to them! Look for them to start rolling out…well…tomorrow!
6) Was sick for just a day or two. Lame, I know.
5) There were TWO Steelers games in one week. TWO! (Of course, one we barely deserved to win, and the other we should have one and instead failed epicly. But hey, they’re still my team.)
4) Homemade cake. My fiance made me chocolate cake with vanilla caramel Bailey’s icing. Oh. Yum. (Look for pictures this week!)
3) There was a major wedding planning push. Big lists, a little panic, allocation of duties, and lots of sunflower talk. It resulted in a really solid list of to-dos and officially booking a photographer, so now I can procrastinate before the next thing. 🙂
2) The impetous for the wedding planning was purchasing my wedding dress! Classy, elegant, simple, traditional, lovely. Oh my it’s so very lovely. Not putting the name or picture on here because the fiance might just stumble across this post, and he’s not allowed to know :P. But if you’re really curious, of course I’ll tell you.
and the number one reason I’ve been a huge slacker….
1) My mommy came to visit! Who has time for homework or your Etsy shop or, let’s face it, your blog when your mommy’s in town for the weekend and you’re celebrating birthdays and planning a wedding and not doing homework! Come on, now. 🙂
But, I promise to do better in the future. Pinky swear.